Fort Frederick at Albany
This wooden fort was built in 1675 part way up a hill just west of the city, near what is now the corner of State Street and Lodge Street. It was replaced by a stone fort in 1702. No drawing of the original fort has been located to date.
There also were a number of small outposts scattered through the region, but most records refer merely to “the fort at Albany.”